LAS VEGAS, NV
Life is Beautiful is seeking an experienced Controller responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s fiscal and administrative activities. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills with relentlessly high standards while operating with an ownership mentality. Thinking with a beginners mindset, the position will learn the intricacies of the organization’s operational departments and provide recommendations or solutions to optimize for efficiency. The Controller will plan and direct functions of corporate accounting, financial planning, control, reporting, and operation of fiscal systems along with management of the companies administrative functions such as business licensing, hiring, payroll and benefits administration. This includes compliance with government accounting standards, Nevada law, and contracting. This position oversees fiscal policy and procedures to guide management decisions and operations. As part of the Management Team the Controller is also involved in strategic planning, to help ensure the mission, goals and values of Life is Beautiful are realized.
- Manage all accounting systems and staff, providing control of cash collections and cash disbursement including reviewing invoices and check requests, tracking and authorizing all bills, approving check disbursements, reconciling bank statements, and preparing appropriate reports. Develop financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain all accounting files including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll recording, account reconciliation, month end closing, and all other financial reporting.
- Revenue recognition for multiple business lines including media, commerce, and events/festivals
- Generate and analyze financial reporting packages (including monthly/quarter/annual financial statements, analysis of significant financial events, budget to actual variance analysis, individual business unit reporting, and reporting of monthly/quarterly/annual KPI’s)
- Cash management (including bank deposits and vendor payments) and participation in the forecasting process
- Review of all bank accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis, timely identifying, investigating and reporting of all discrepancies between the bank and general ledger
- Support sales teams in sales administration, billing, operations, and reporting surrounding customer profitability
- Post all month/quarter/year end journal entries to all working capital accounts (including but not limited to prepaid expenses, depreciation, and accrued expenses)
- Oversee accounting department staff in their respective monthly close duties
- Prepare and post various journal entries, and approve accounting staff journal entries
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts and maintain schedules on a monthly basis
- Provide detail to external CPA and lead the process internally for preparing, filing and payment all company tax filings (state and federal)
- Coordinate accounting cash needs during festival and maintain appropriate level of accounting office petty cash to support on-site operations
- Develop, implement, and administer payroll functions, state and federal taxes, personnel payments, and deductions. Process bi-weekly payroll for staff.
- Review and make recommendations on agency insurance policies and 401k plan.
- Develop yearly financial tactical plans and the supporting budget, prepare reports and assist program directors or management teams with data and evaluations as needed.
- Support event/festival teams in ensuring proper management, budgeting, expense classification, expense logging, variance analysis, vendor management, and festival profitability
- Assist with cash flow forecasting by maintaining daily inflows and outflows
- Assist VP with financial analysis, special projects and other duties as assigned
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Review and maintain all contracts and agreements.
- Play a leadership role in selecting and implementing new systems, tools, and processes as needed to improve efficiency and visibility of financial information and quality of internal accounting controls
- Manage registration, licensing, and compliance with local, state, federal and other agencies to support business operations for financial purposes (e.g. 1099-MISC filings and Business Licenses)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes and will have had proven success and excellence in:
- CPA Preferred
- 7+ Years Progressive Work Experience
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Related Field
- Experience with Quickbooks, ADP, MS Office, Google Suite
- Experience in Live Entertainment, Events, and Hospitality a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- A 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- A positive work/life balance