Life is Beautiful is looking for a Festival Operations Manager to assist with planning, managing and executing large scale events. The ideal candidate will be familiar with event or festival production and operations along with relentlessly high standards. Must love being organized and developing the backbone structure for one-of-kind consumer experiences . Perfect candidate thinks with a beginners mindset and loves to be in a creative environment where organization thrives.
Create, manage and distribute operational information for the Festival Team
Create and maintain database of vendors, crews and festival resources
Maintain overall festival timeline for the full event cycle
Work closely with Leadership & Operations teams on map calls, road closures, lot and venue needs, load-in and load out needs, community impact and on-site operations
Oversight and management of Festival Volunteer Program including hiring Volunteer Coordinator and participation in program developmentation and implementation
Oversight and management of Festival customer services such as the information booth and the lost & found program
Management and on-site needs of Festival Merchandise vendor
Assist in the management of subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute the Festival and other events
Assist with maintaining the relationship with the City of Las Vegas and necessary entities as relates to the relationship and permitting
Maintain strong relationships with community stakeholders and partners including residents, businesses and land owners within and around event sites.
Maintain weekly and monthly forms of communication with teams and maintain standards for communication and accountability
Maintain all critical documents including, volunteer operations, lost and found, venue grid, updating of load-in and out maps, emergency plans and information to be included on the wiki, permit book, weekly meeting agendas and recaps and timeline maintenance
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes and will have had proven success and excellence in:
- Experience with helping to execute events or festivals for 2+ years
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be aligned with the core values of the organization
- Must be able to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Time Management Skills – ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in various stages of planning at the same time and to prioritize work to achieve maximum productivity
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate with a variety of personalities across a multitude of departments and in a professional and appropriate manner
- Must be a self starter and self motivated. Always be looking for a way to solve the problems that are identified.
- Problem-Solving Skills – ability to find creative and resourceful solutions to challenges the ability to work with multiple demands and high expectation
- Must be a team player committed to constant improvement and creative approach to working in new situations.
- Able to work long hours with an intense work pace
- Ability to complete timely response to emails, voicemails and requests and follow through to multiple simultaneous requests.
- Computer/technology skills – high-level computer literacy, proficient in excel, word, pages, power point, keynote
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a related field and/or a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in a related field
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- A 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- A positive work/life balance